December is here and my house has already begun to celebrate Christmas. I have my mantel decorated and a small tree up and my husband has hung lights, I just have a Christmas tree left to get. This is our first year in a house and I want a real one, like all the years of my childhood! Luckily my husband is willing to indulge me!
The holidays to me are full of crafts and new recipes, family and friends, and special church services. So let the countdown begin!
The other day I found a couple packs of clothespins in the garage and wanted to do something Christmas-ey with them. There are a TON of crafts to do with clothespins. There are a million animals, people, and little critters do make with clothespins, but I was looking for holiday decorations that maybe double as organization as well. I found a few things that seem promising:
Links and tutorials after the jump
- Starbursts from Passengers on a Little Spaceship – Use these as snow flakes, or paint red, green, silver or gold
- Frame from decor8 blog – Use to hang Christmas cards or other holiday lovelies
- Countdown wreath from limegreen bogie girl
- Background from Chickabug- Paint holiday colors instead, can also hang pictures and cards
- Pom flower gift tag clip from Creature Comforts Instead of flowers, use little deers or Christmas toys, or glitter or paint little toys a solid color
- Snowflake from HGTV
- Cardholder wreath from Holiday Kids Crafts