I have a huge bag of macadamia nuts in my pantry. Personally, I am more of a pistachio girl and those macadamia nuts were just not eating themselves (how weird would that be). I needed to use those nuts before they went bad! So I decided to throw them into my food processor and make them into a crust for chicken. It turned out pretty good.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten or 1/4 cup milk
- Fat of choice to cook chicken
- Add nuts and seasonings to food processor and process until course. Do not over-process. Pour onto plate or other dish.
- Dip chicken in egg or milk mixture then into the nut coating.
- Pan fry coated chicken breasts until coating is crunchy and chicken is cooked through (about 5-7 minutes on each side).
The darker bits of the macadamia breading was actually the best. Next time I might strive to get it all that dark; the crispy, nutty crust was delicious!