I shared a while back my struggle with infertility and my journey to try and correct any issues I may have. I wrote about the nutrition advice I received and my updated fertility plan, which is listed below:
- I’ve started taking Optivite to help with PMS symptoms and a possible luteal phase defect (I rarely have a luteal phase at least 14 days long, and I consistently spot before my period).
- I need to take cod liver oil again
- I’ve started taking Evening Primrose Oil to help with pms and cervical mucus.
- I need to see my new doctor and possibly get my thyroid check and go forward with infertility testing and treatments.
If we can’t conceive without assistance, the least I can do is limit or eliminate my pms symptoms and get healthy! It can be very frustrating to not conceive, but we are still trying to be hopeful.
Well low and behold, we finally conceived! On September 2nd we were pleasantly shocked to have a positive pregnancy test! I had cancelled my doctor’s appointment the day before I found out I was pregnant!
Several factors may have contributed to us finally getting pregnant:
- Diet change since March 2011 – eliminating processed foods and cutting significantly or eliminating grains and eating more animal fats
- I was on the second cycle of Optivite
- It was my first cycle using Evening Primrose Oil
- Because my fertile mucus didn’t seem that abundant, we used Pre-Seed, a sperm-friendly lubricant (even though we did not have any success with it prior to this cycle).
So we are 10 weeks today and hoping for a healthy pregnancy!