Today’s dinner was one of my favorites: thin chicken breasts seasoned with chili, lime, and other spices, then grilled and served with a mango and avocado salsa. It really hit the spot!
I could also eat the salsa by itself. I had to stop eating it by the spoonful or else there wouldn’t be enough for dinner! The salsa lasted us about 3 servings, but it could be more if I didn’t eat half of it just myself. It probably makes about 1 cup of salsa.
Chili-lime chicken with mango and avocado salsa recipe
- Chicken breast
- 3 limes
- Chili, cumin, garlic powder, and salt
- The fruit of 1 mango, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup cilantro, diced
- Pound chicken breasts until 1/4-1/2 inch thick (optional)
- Soak or wet breasts with the juice of 2 limes
- Lightly cover both sides of chicken with chili, cumin, garlic powder and a tiny bit of salt (optional)
- Grill on BBQ or in pan with oil or butter
- Combine diced mango, avocado, cilantro, and red onion (change amounts to taste)
- Mix in garlic salt to taste (a little goes a long way!)
- Try not to eat it all before dinner is served!