We have been in kind of a food slump lately; nothing seems to sound very good and we needed a bit more variety. I needed to eat something new and different! I also didn’t want to be prepping and cooking food all evening when I want and need to spend more time with my baby and husband. I looked around on Pinterest (which makes me mostly just want to bake) and was inspired by a photo on The Big Oven. I wasn’t a fan of all the ingredients so I came up with my own version and used tomatoes instead of pimentos and left out a few ingredients. The result? DELICIOUSNESS. I’m making this chicken again, soon!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (we used 5)
- Fat of your choice for cooking chicken
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning, or to taste
- 2 tsp garlic powder, or to taste
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I used the kind with oregano and other herbs) or 1-2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/3-1/2 cup fresh basil, diced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or asiago cheese
- Sprinkle seasonings over chicken, to lightly coat
- Cook chicken on stove-top pan, browning on both sides
- When chicken is just about done, remove the meat from the pan and set aside
- Add cream to pan, stirring to loosen and mix the leftover juices and such
- Keep cream at a simmer and drain tomatoes and add to cream
- Add the basil and cheese to the mixture, stir until combined and bring back to a simmer
- Add chicken back into the pan
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring and turning chicken until sauce has coated the meat
- Serve over angel hair if you are a pasta eater, spaghetti squash or zucchini, steamed veggies, or as is
Not a very good picture, but we poured the chicken and the sauce over mixed veggies.
That looks so amaaaazing!!
Yumm! I need to try it, looks really good
I made this for dinner tonight and it was really good! I served it over angel hair pasta and steamed broccoli – SO yummy. Thanks for the awesome recipe!
I’m so glad it turned out and you enjoyed it!
Pingback: Chicken in a Creamy Sauce - Ingredients and Preparation
That’s a *lot* of heavy cream.
Sure, but you can always sub part of it with milk.
Reblogged this on twoforonetwins and commented:
This looks so yummy and a perfect Trim Healthy Mama “S” for satisfying dish. Add a side of steamed broccoli or cauliflower and a nice salad to make perfect “S” dinner.
We made this and served over zoodles! Perfect THM dinner! 🙂
Awesome! I’m looking forward to enjoying dairy again so I can eat this!
This was AMAZING! Thank you so much for sharing. It is definitely going into my regular rotation.
what a perfect Atkins or LCHF recipe!! thanks! i can’t wait to try it. i get bored to death of food sometimes, this is different. 🙂
I usually use 1/2 & 1/2 instead of whipping cream-how much less would you use. I have all the ingredients right now to make this without going to the store! 😀
Pingback: Chicken in Tomato and Basil Cream Sauce – CAROL GRACE
I made this last night. It was awesome and will be making it again.
My 18 year old daughter made this all by herself, her first time in charge of a whole dinner and it came out amazing. She was very motivated from the family reviews and is excited to keep cooking for us!! Thank you. I can see how we can modify to make it a little different with pasta, or veggies, or even white rice or mashed potatoes. it all sounds goods..