My mom makes the best spinach dip. I have yet to find a spinach dip that compares. I remember my mom making it for all sorts of holidays and occasions. She’s been making this recipe for so long (over 26 years) that she has no clue where it first originated. She made her famous spinach dip yesterday for no special reason and I had to share. It’s pretty simple to make, too!
- 1 bag chopped frozen spinach, defrosted and water squeezed out
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup green onions (the white and green part), chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or just use more yogurt or sour cream)
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp dry onion soup mix (or make your own)
- 1 tsp Italian dressing mix (or make your own)
- 1 tsp dill seed (or dill weed)
- In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients together (starting with the mayo and cream ingredients helps)
- Let sit at least a couple hours in the fridge
- Serve with veggies or other goodies (we grew up with dipping ruffled potato chips)
Looks great! Mom’s recipes are always the best!