I think I could probably have taco night at least 3 times a week. That, and just eat green beans or potatoes to accompany my protein source. Pretty boring (but delicious). My husband could actually eat the same 3 things every week, but I feel like we should have some diversity in our meal planning. He also likes to eat a fairly strict primal diet that is grain-free and almost always without white potatoes. I like to eat that way too, so at least he keeps me honest!
Next month I am going to do something similar to the Grocery Savings Challenge, but post totals by the month. We are also ordering our eggs and most of our meat from local sources that pasture-raise their animals, so it might be interesting how much we will spend choosing quality of cost.
We have been getting some lovely weather here; the wind is a bit chilly, but a sunny 50-60 degree day is still nice! We even used the grill last night!
This week’s meal plan:
- Monday: Grilled steaks (grass-fed! They were a Christmas gift), with baked sweet potatoes and steamed brussel sprouts with parsley butter (Strauss butter, you are amazing)
- Tuesday: Macadamia crusted chicken breast, steamed green beans, mixed green salad
- Wednesday: Pork chops with broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot stir-fry
- Thursday: Italian meatloaf, mixed greens, roasted potatoes and carrots
- Friday: BBQ chicken, 30-second brussel sprouts, avocado
Lunch: Leftovers or almond-butter smoothies
Breakfasts: Eggs and bacon or almond-butter smoothies
I’m in the middle of Spring cleaning and a teething baby, but I plan on posting recipes, Valentine’s Day ideas, and a glimpse at our bathroom remodel project coming up!
Anyone try a new recipe this week?