It was a sad day yesterday in our house after the Niners lost the Super Bowl. So close, yet so far away. You know what was also so close? The number on my scale being lower. But then I splurged a little too much at our Super Bowl party. Oh well, back on the wagon today!
I’m working out and eating healthy and looking forward to pushing myself to be healthier and more fit (and growing a butt would be awesome sauce, too). I’m trying to work up the courage to post my progress so that I will be challenged and accountable! Maybe soon.
We ordered grass-fed ground beef and fajita meat from a local company and subscribed to eggs from grass-fed chickens. We bought chicken from a family member that works for a chicken company and I bought pork ribs on sale. I stocked up on lots of fruit this week to make protein smoothies.
I really need to learn to like fish. Maybe next week I will add in some sea food. Although, Lent is coming up and I am sure we will be adding more sea food at that time.
- Monday: Chicken and avocado over mixed greens
- Tuesday: Chili without beans
- Wednesday: Spinach, pepper, and cheese – stuffed chicken with brussel sprouts
- Thursday: Beef fajitas with no tortillas, served over greens with avocado and salsa
- Friday: BBQ’d ribs with sweet potato fries and green beans
- Lunch: leftovers, almond-butter, banana, chocolate protein smoothies, orange, banana and pineapple protein smoothies
- Snacks: Fruit, nuts, beef jerky
- Breakfast: Bacon and eggs, protein smoothies
Need more dinner ideas and meal plans? Click HERE for grain-free and gluten-free, budget-friendly, and even Whole30 meal plans and recipes.
What’s on this week’s meal plan for you?