Over here in the corner of California where I live, it is finally getting cool! We have been enjoying mild days and cooler mornings and nights. With this weather the trees are finally starting to turn colors and I can soon bring out my sweater collection. And of course, then follows the holidays; Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!
I have been stock piling holiday ideas on Pinterest and I have some decoration ideas I can’t wait to try for Halloween. These ideas seem relatively easy and affordable and can have a big impact:
1.Boarded up windows from Darious Obell 2. Bagged body from Instructables 3. Spider sack from Martha Stewart 4. Creepy window silhouettes from Smoking Lily
You can also try Eyes in the bushes from Frugal Family Fun:
Yesterday I was at my local 99 Cent Store and Dollar Tree and found nearly all the supplies:
- Trash bags for the body
- Foam board and adhesive (going to try foam squares) for the boarded up windows
- Black poster board for the silhouettes
- Spiders and spider web (instead of batting) for the spider sacs
- Glow sticks for toilet roll eyes in the bushes
What Halloween decorations are you crafting?
I love Halloween! There is so much stuff to make, bake, and create, to celebrate the holiday. Whether it be food, decorations, or costumes, there are a million different ways you can let your creativity shine through.
Anyone having a Halloween party? Here are a few of my favorite spooky and wacky Halloween fonts!
1. Black Widow 2. Freehand Written 3. Goodnight Freak 4. In the Know 5. Organic Fear 6. Tuna and Hotdogs 7. Dark wood 8. Ready Black 9. Sewn Tight 10. Sticky Mad 11. Thirty Months of Victory
You can also find more FREE Halloween Fonts HERE.
A little creepy, but not too campy; I will be listening to this playlist to get into the Halloween spirit (and continue to listen to it because I love the songs!).
It’s easy to find ghoulish tunes if you listen to psychobilly or rockabilly music, but I was feeling something a bit more easy listening as well, so I mixed it up a bit.