Welcome! Hopefully after reading this post and all the comments you will have a better idea as to what to get that guy in your life, whether it be your son, brother, husband, or dad! And honestly, this list can be great for any hard-to-shop for person! Many of these ideas are gender-neutral and will work just as well for the mother, sister, cousin, or wife in your life ;
This is a revamp of my previous post, 50+ Stocking Stuffers for Men. So many people left such great comments and ideas that I thought I would condense them all here so they are easier to read through. There are still some great traditions in the comments if you want to have more ideas.
These small gift ideas are perfect for stocking stuffers, but also for Easter baskets and gift bags too. Most of the ideas on here range from $1-$10.
Looking for Ideas for the Kids? Click HERE!
I love stockings; they are one of my favorite parts of Christmas. When I was younger, my mom would spend lots of time stuffing our stockings with goodies for me and my brother (actually, she still does stockings for us). They aren’t full of expensive gifts, usually just cheap little games or treats. I’ve been trying to teach the art of stocking gifts to my husband. The first year he put most of my gifts in the stocking (because make-up and perfume and jewelry fit in the sock), he then realized that stockings are for fun, little things.
I’ve compiled a list of small gift ideas for the husband, brother, son, or boyfriend in your life.
My husband is one of those men who really has no hobbies and doesn’t really spend his money on anything, so I know how hard gift shopping can be!
Stocking Stuffers for Men:
- Cologne – samples work best because they are smaller and cheaper
- Soap – handmade beer or manly soap is nice
- chocolate or other candy
- chocolate covered bacon, pretzels, or other junk food items (beef jerky, canned cheese, etc)
- Bottle opener, bottle opener ring
- Beanie/knit hat
- Holiday ornament
- Key Chain
- Phone case
- Money clip
- A cheesy movie from the clearance bin (hello Chuck Norris)
- Mini Lego kits (like race cars, Lego men, key chains, etc.)
- Silly putty or other slimy substance
- Deck of cards or other card games (like Uno)
- Silly toys – parachute men, poppers, wind up animals, sticky hands, mini etch-a-sketch, silly string, etc. (you can find some HERE)
- Shot glass
- Key covers (I bought tiki men key covers for my brother one year)
- Ear buds
- Mini bottles of booze
- Cufflinks – if your guy wears them, there are some awesome ones on Etsy
- Manly bath or shave products or bath favorites- my brother really loves a certain brand of mint tea tree shampoo
- Pocket knife
- Mini tools or weapons – what male doesn’t love a Nerf gun?
- A book, graphic novel, or magazine
- $5 gift cards – one of my favorites, fast food or coffee works great
- Gum or mints (like these funny mints and gum)
- Chapstick – my husband always steals mine or complains about chapped lips
- Hand or boot warmers – found some at Target, 2 for $1
- Hand or cuticle cream
- Computer decals
- Car air fresheners
- For the love of your life: Massage oil
- For the love of your life: sexy undies for you
- For the love of your life: Other bedroom goodies
- Special cigar
- Matches or lighter
- Coffee samples
- Patches, stickers, or pins of a sports team, band, or company, etc.
- Coffee cup or mug
- Nail clippers and tweezers
- Razors and other shaving accessories
- Boot or hat cleaning or weathering spray
- Pens or pencils
- Mini specialty food items – mustard, hot sauce, nutella, etc. (Cost Plus World Market is a great source)
- Belt buckles
- Memory cards
- USB Stick/flash drive – some awesome ones on Etsy as well
- Man jewelry – ear gauges, leather cuffs, etc.
- Camera filters or accessories
- Craft/hobby supplies
- Kitchen utensils/trinkets – a special knife, measuring spoons, something the cook might enjoy
- Fold-up reusable grocery bag
- Pocket comb
- Protein bars
- Weight-lifting gloves
- Beer koozies
- Toothbrush and floss
- Lotto scratchers and tickets
- Ink cartridges
- Mini flashlights or tools
- Cook book
- Fishing tackle and supplies (One commenter suggested nail polish – her father’s favorite to use for fishing)
- Personal coupons (Don’t have to do a chore, get to pick the movie, etc
- Handheld electronics
- Phone chargers and other phone accessories
- Bullets and other hunting supplies and gun accessories
- Eye glasses case and cleaning/repair kit
- Lint roller
- Ice shaver
- Golf supplies (balls, tees, cleaning wipes, etc)
- Back scrather
- Hand sanitizer
- Wax and tape for sports equipment (skate boards, hockey sticks, surf boards, etc)
- Camping supplies (MRE’s, matches, etc)
- Tire gauge
- Duct tape
- Car safety tool
- zip ties
- Car wash tickets
- Hair cut certificates
- Sports cards
- Nails, screws, drill bits
- Magazine subscriptions
- Mini bottles of aspirin, contact solution, ice packs, etc
- Deodorizer balls
- BBQ supplies
- Guitar strings and picks
- Bungee cords
- Printed tissues
- Heat pads (easy to make some old fashioned rice pads!)
- Tickets to events and movies
- Collector coin
- Shoe Horn
- Lump of coal
- Clip-on lights
- Cleaning and household supplies (great for the college student or bachelor)
- Novelty ice trays (from brains to bullets, there are lots of different ones out there)
- Sewing kit
- Glow sticks
- Rain Poncho
- Tea infusers for the tea drinker (lots of cool ones at ModCloth)
- Emergency kit
- Carpenter pencil, sanding block, leveler
- Hide-a-key box
- Oil change supplies
- Calendar or agenda
- Art supplies- colored pencils, mini sketch books, etc.
- Bacon items (there is a whole bunch of stuff HERE)
Looking to go a little further? How about themed stockings?
Food: Fill with candy, snacks, and specialty food items (CLICK HERE FOR SOME AWESOME, UNIQUE FOOD ITEMS!)
Personal care: Shaving accessories, body wash, hair care products, body products, manicure kit
Home care: Cleaning supplies, scented candles, magnets
For the cook: Cook books, kitchen gadgets, apron, hand towels
For the college student/apartment dwelling bachelor: Quarters for laundry, cleaning products, common household products, air freshener, gift cards for fast food, gas, and grocery
Novelty: Throwback soda, throwback t-shirt, retro candies, novelty toys/games, funny gum/mints
Car care: air deodorizers, car wash and rags, wax, tire gauge, oil changing supplies, trash receptacle, car wash certificates
Outdoors: MRE’s, water proof matches, ammo, fishing supplies, camo gear, poncho, animal calls, flash light and emergency kit, weatherproofing spray, flint, compass
Gym rat/runner/Athlete: Weight-lifting gloves, protein bars, gels, shoe deodorizers, wrist or arm band for phone or MP3 player, water bottle, pad lock, protein shake bottle, gear for sports equipment: wax for surf boards, tape for hockey sticks or skate boards, small sports equipment like balls and tees, sports or health magazine
Fan stocking: Gear, stickers, patches, and memorabilia of their favorite brand, team, show, etc.
Working man/new home owner: Hanging kit, tools, tape measure and leveler, home improvement book, duct and electrical tape, gift cards to home improvement stores
For the musician or music lover: itunes gift cards, burned cds, blank cds, instrument accessories; guitar strings and picks, drum sticks, cleaning kits, ear buds or ear phones, band stickers, patches, or pins
Man’s night out: Cigars and cigar accessories, beer memorabilia, small bottles of alcohol, shot glasses and other drink ware, specialty food items
Lots of possibilities!
Favorite places to get stocking stuffers:
Abe’s Market – a large variety of unique food, home, and personal care item. My new favorite is getting 3 samples for $5 (and a $5 off coupon, too!)- and they have a variety of samples to choose from.
Target – I like to look through their holiday section – they usually carry “gourmet” chocolate gifts, and even weird chocolate bars. Their $1 section can be a great place to look, too.
The Dollar Store – By far the cheapest option, and it can be fun to really get creative. If your guy doesn’t like cheap toys or games, I would look at the tools and body care selection.
Video Game or Music Store – they often have fun decals and themed candy
Bevmo – they have sample bottles of alcohol, cigars, and snacks
** Some links are directed to my affiliate sites, which are awesome, and that’s why I choose to be an affiliate. If you want to learn more, click HERE.
I would love to hear what you put in your stocking/basket/bag and about your traditions as well!